This position is responsible for supporting the user community with the college's enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, Banner. In this role, the individual works with senior programmer analysts and the Manager of Application Support to write, modify, test and document software programs and reports based on supplied specifications. The individual analyzes user requirements and develops additional functionality.
Position Title 	Programmer/Analyst
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Installs, develops, designs and provides support for the Banner ERP applications, integrations, and enhancements. Designs, develops and supports integration between Banner ERP and 3rd party vendors such as NelNet, Maxient and Starfish.
2. Writes and maintains documentation to describe ERP development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections in Confluence.
3. Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Unix/Linux, Git and Oracle.
4. Consults with users for requirements analysis/gathering regarding program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements.
5. Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls and outputs.
6. Writes and maintains technical specifications. Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
7. Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
8. Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
9. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
10. Consults with users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
11. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs. Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
12. Installs and tests programs and monitors performance after implementation.
13. Ability to manage tasks and projects skillfully.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with at least two of the following operating systems: Windows, Redhat Linux (or) Solaris; At least one to three years' experience with Oracle 10g/11g Databases. Ellucian Higher Education Banner ERP systems including Student, Financial Aid, Faculty, Finance, HR, Payroll or General Modules preferred, as well as technical knowledge and experience with web portal applications, J2EE and Java based tools, XML, HTML; and one to three years' experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Packages, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Data modeling and shell scripting.
Oracle and Java Certified professionals are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name 	Information Technology Services
Work Schedule 	12 month
Work Hours From 	8:00 a.m.
Work Hours To 	5:00 p.m
Total Hours Per Week 	40
Requested Start Date 	ASAP
Job Type 	Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible 	Yes
Hiring Range 	$46,303.00 - $73,159.00
Job Open Date 	11/28/2018
Open Until Filled 	No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2648
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency