Instructional Faculty - Humanities
Instructional Faculty - Humanities
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Instructional Faculty – Humanities for the Fall 2019 semester. An instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
Position Title 	Instructional Faculty - Humanities
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promote student growth and learning.
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, State, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends Departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and Departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the Department.
18. Serves on College committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair or Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of Departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrate professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques).
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the College-wide community to advance the mission of the College.
24. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
The position requires at least one of the following:
1. A Master's Degree in Humanities (Intercultural or Interdisciplinary)
2. A Master's Degree in one of the humanistic disciplines and 18 graduate semester hours in Humanities
1. A PhD or MA in Humanities (Intercultural or Interdisciplinary).
2. Previous higher education teaching experience.
3. Experience with classroom technology including Learning Management Software like Canvas.
4. Experience teaching introductory level Humanities course
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that this position is dependent on budget approval.
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name 	Art, Design, Humanities
Work Schedule 	9 Month
Work Hours From 	Varies
Work Hours To 	Varies
Total Hours Per Week 	35
Requested Start Date 	Fall 2019
Job Type 	Faculty
Benefits Eligible 	Yes
Hiring Range 	$38,981.00 - $41,596.00
Job Open Date 	11/28/2018
Open Until Filled 	No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2650
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency