Director, College & Career Planning
Director, College & Career Planning
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Director, College & Career Planning. The Director is responsible for providing dynamic and visionary leadership for the College and Career Planning unit within the Division of Student Services & Enrollment Management. The Director will lead, manage, and supervise all aspects of academic advising/services, career advising/services, and student internships, across the College's three campuses and the online program. The Director must have leadership experience and proven management ability. The Director will create and implement a future focused student-environment, where academic, career planning, and academic support services combine to support students in the successful achievement of their academic and career goals. The intent of the Director's role is to ensure that services are provided at the highest level in the Florida College System. The Director serves as a key member of the division's executive team and participates in functions, activities, and programs for the Student Services & Enrollment Management division.
Position Title 	Director, College & Career Planning
1. Provides visionary and inspirational leadership for the College & Career Planning unit; including: academic advising, career advising and services, and internship programs; for the purpose of providing a world-class experience for SCF students.
2. Supervises, mentors and evaluates all staff members as assigned. Provides oversight of the College & Career Planning unit's schedules, leave requests, hiring and terminations.
3. Modernizes and directs the units processes, procedures, and practices; including outreach to current students, maintenance of appropriate statistical data, and creation of reports for program and personnel improvement; including the divisional responsibility for the College's equity report.
4. Directs, plans, and coordinates all programs in the College & Career Planning unit; designed to assist students in the planning and successful completion of their academic and future career goals. Responsible for the ongoing development of new, and revision of existing informational materials and publications.
5. Collaborates with the Enrollment Services unit regarding college-wide student recruitment and retention initiatives; including active participation in student events, the coordination and dissemination of relevant information, and providing strategically actionable plans.
6. Oversees the design, development, and implementation of programs that provide measurable student success goals. Utilization of available technological tools that promote student/staff interactions. Coordinates with Retention staff and Student Transition & Support Services to improve graduation, completion, and time-to-degree rates.
7. Collaborates with the Director of Enrollment Services and Public Safety staff in the College admission review process for selected student cohorts.
8. Coordinates the unit's activities and maintains knowledge of changing College information including admissions requirements, new programs and course changes, deadlines and important dates, costs, expanding facilities and updates in college-wide initiatives, as well as changing transfer requirements and State and Federal mandates.
9. Collaborates with the Vice President and divisional directors in designing, developing, and delivering programs for professional training and development of unit staff. Responsible for revising and maintaining the applicable staff handbooks and additional training materials.
10. Responsible for specific program and/or training components of the Student Services & Enrollment Management division as assigned.
11. Serves in a leadership role on various college-wide committees and advisory boards as assigned.
12. Engages in professional development activities, including but not limited to, memberships in professional organizations, attendance at conferences and workshops, division and department training meetings, and information technology skills and training sessions.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university; and five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
Leadership experience within higher education, student services or enrollment management or related field preferred. Master's degree in a student related field is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special note about completion of application:
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name 	Student Development
Work Schedule 	12 month
Work Hours From 	8:00 am
Work Hours To 	4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week 	37.5
Requested Start Date 	ASAP
Job Type 	Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible 	Yes
Hiring Range 	$64,529.00 - $83,243.00
Job Open Date 	01/08/2019
Open Until Filled 	No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2703
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency