Program Assistant in Registration
Whatcom Community College invites applications for a Program Assistant in Registration (Class Code 107M) position in the College's Entry Services. Our Program Assistants (PA) provide a welcoming and supportive environment for both Admissions & Registration and Testing & Placement Services to students, staff, faculty, and community members.
This recruitment is open to ALL qualified applicants.
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide admission and registration information to students, staff, faculty, and general public.
- Provide registration assistance to students and departments across the campus.
- Monitor enrollment reports & student records.
- Coordinate paper and web-based admission application process.
- Serve as the campus operator backup.
- Support and serve as backup in Testing & Placement Services.
- Support Guided Pathways for students through a broad understanding of entry, progression and completion processes.
- Requires punctual and regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- High school graduation or equivalent AND
- Two years of full-time clerical experience OR
- Equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience providing customer support in a fast paced front counter environment.
- Experience working in the community college environment.
- Develops innovative ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges and brings ideas to supervisor.
- Earns the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and public through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to actively contribute to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspective to enhance the attainment of organizational goals.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity, and appreciates the differences in people.
- Range 32, full-time salary starting at $2,462 per month with periodic increments to $3,177 per month.
- The position comes with a full benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
- As soon as can be arranged with the successful candidate.
Shift and Working Conditions:
- Position's shift is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Indoor office environment with many interruptions and deadlines. May have extended hours sitting at the workstation. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Application Due Date:
- Applications due on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019 at 4:59 pm.
To apply please visit us at: