Job Number: 81652
Job Code: 4443 Grade: J Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies, also known as Stanford Seed, is a Stanford GSB-led initiative that is working to end the cycle of global poverty by training business leaders in developing economies, inspiring Stanford students to become globally-engaged leaders, and supporting critical research from across the university to maximize our impact.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Finance team and performs a variety of regular and recurring professional accounting and finance functions. The Sr. Accountant reviews, approves and monitors financial transactions, performs detailed reconciliations and reviews of multiple accounts for both our local office and regional offices.
The Sr. Accountant will lead or participate in projects, as well as provide clear and concise financial analysis and reports for management.
In addition to the requisite accounting and analytical experience, the successful candidate possesses process improvement and functional skills necessary to deliver outstanding service and collaborate effectively with various internal and external associates. This position represents an opportunity to be part of a high-energy dynamic environment, partnering with colleagues around the world, within the Graduate School of Business and across Stanford University to achieve the goals of the organization. We are seeking a skilled, diligent and self-motivated individual.
Perform complex accounting functions including designing and performing ad hoc analyses, developing and maintaining complex data models, analyzing large data sets, and reconciling complex accounts.
Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree plus eight years of applicable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting systems, such as Oracle (EBS and Fusion), OBI, etc.
- Ability to interpret and apply advanced accounting knowledge and understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or other foreign accounting experience is a plus.
- Team player, able to work independently, multi task, fast learner, handle conflicting deadlines, remain calm, professional and stay focused.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences. Ability to communicate decisions while educating at the same time. Establish good working relationships with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute/lead as part of a multi-functional team.
- Flexibility to perform other functions and a broad range of tasks as directed.
Certifications and Licenses:
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
How to Apply We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency