Program Assistant – Spanish Speaking
Dutchess Community College is seeking a bilingual Spanish / English speaking Program Assistant This position is responsible for the administrative and programmatic support of the Dutchess Community College HSE and ELL programs housed at the Family Partnership location. The position requires proficiency and fluency in Spanish and English in order to communicate effectively with community members, prospective and current students, as well as program faculty and other office staff. The position is responsible for general office coverage, front desk administration, and the intake and registration processes for current and prospective students. The position is responsible for the inventory and distribution of equipment as well as program materials and office supplies. The incumbent liases with other College departments, building partners, and security in order to ensure a professional and academic environment conducive to learning. This position requires the proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet, and educational software. Social media and email communication skills are essential.
- Provide front desk assistance and bilingual support to the general public as well as students and faculty in the ELL, HSE and Spanish HSE programs.
- Answer and route telephone calls in Spanish and English
- Administer intake and assessment of potential ELL and HSE students
- Audit office supplies and monitor the distribution and use of Chromebooks
- Liaison with Maintenance, Security, and Lobby Reception staff
- Enter and post HSE and ESL registrations in Banner; Process switch and withdrawal forms
- Print rosters for instructors
- Generate reports from databases and spreadsheets
- Assist ESL and HSE students with placement and registration
- Inform students of program and college policies, procedures, and requirements in accordance with established protocols and materials
- Distribute important academic and co-curricular information
- Other duties as assigned
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma AND:
(A) Completion of two years (60 standard credit hours) from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or business or secretarial school; or
(B) Two years of full-time general office work experience which involved public contact and keyboarding; or
(C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of
(A) and (B) above.
Candidates must demonstrate fluency in both English and Spanish, both in written and oral communication.
Candidates must indicate keyboarding ability; i.e., courses in keyboarding or keyboarding work experience.
To Apply, Go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Dutchess Community College is seeking individuals who are passionate about the community college experience and share our commitment to student success.
Dutchess Community College is dedicated to nurturing communities, respecting individuality and embracing diversity. The College has twice earned the Poughkeepsie Journal’s Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).