The Financial Analyst will collect, monitor, and analyze the College's data. This position will be responsible for forecasting future performance based on key indicators in the College's financial data, as well as the outside environment. Additionally, this position will assist the accounting staff in various aspects and be a key role in the College's annual budgeting process.
Examples of Duties:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provides program cost and operations research analysis to inform planning and decision making.
- Determine cost analysis for variance key indicators including but not limited to cost of attendance, various program cost, etc.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and seminars.
- Assist Controller with the annual budget process.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations as assigned as well as identifying, researching and resolving all applicable variances.
- Prepare and enter journal entries as required.
- Ensure compliance with current account and financial reporting requirements.
- Work with external auditors to provide requested documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting. Master's degree preferred.
- Five years of business finance or other related experience.
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of and skills in workplace computer applications, computer administrative systems, and other applicable information technology enterprises.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel as well as familiarity with data query/data management tools.