Strategic Partners Officer (Limited Term)
Job Purpose: Identify, cultivate, and build strategic partnerships that align with the Institute's multidisciplinary priorities. This is a “limited term” position and employment is ultimately contingent upon available funding and business needs.
- Build relationships with industry and corporate clients to engage stakeholders in areas that are aligned with Institute research and education initiatives.
- Leverage Institute resources and use knowledge of industry research environments to tailor partnership models that drive a culture of open innovation and enterprise transformation.
- Support the development of new and strategic Institute initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison to the GT Tech transfer and commercialization offices.
- Promote and facilitate interactions to increase investment/sponsorships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or related field
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires the ability to conduct primary and secondary research of emerging opportunities in high potential industries and sectors of existing industry; build consensus across academic and corporate partners; to possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to impact and influence senior executives; to develop and manage complex business relationships.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Masters in Engineering
•Preferred Work Experience: N/A
•Preferred Certifications: N/A
•Preferred Skills: Working knowledge of commercial and industrial research practices, including contracting and IP (Intellectual Property) licensing approaches. The management of research relationships to achieve corporate and commercial goals in manufacturing industries and applications. A working knowledge of and direct experience in contracting practices and intellectual property agreement is essential. Knowledge and experience in developing business plans for commercialization of new concepts and IP (Intellectual Property) in life science environments is critical. Additional Information: This is a “limited term” position and employment is ultimately contingent upon available funding and business needs. Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: faculty, staff, researchers and external stakeholders. This position typically will advise and counsel: faculty, staff, researchers and external stakeholders. This position will supervise: NA.
Department Description GTMI: Engage, Leverage, Accelerate
The Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute brings together industry leaders, government partners and top researchers to collaborate and find solutions for the greatest challenges facing U.S. industry today: creating quality jobs, ensuring global competitiveness, and advancing economic and environmental sustainability.