SENIOR WEB SOFTWARE ENGINEER
SENIOR WEB SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Posting Number: SRGV3568
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: IT Enterprise Systems
Scope of Job:
Responsible for complex engineering, programming, integration and maintenance of campus web software applications adhering to the frameworks, standards and best practices established by Information Technology using advanced and innovative approaches to develop solutions.
Description of Duties:
• Leads projects and provides advanced technical skills needed to design, develop, modify, test and maintain code in software systems that make up the campus web services, including database and digital media integration, user experience design, and accessibility.
• Works as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project requirement and scope.
• Codes, tests, debugs and implements or modifies complex web applications with focus on performance, security, accessibility and ease of use by utilizing enterprise development frameworks, tools and methodologies and advises other Web Software Engineers on complex tasks.
• Provides advanced support and technical advice related to resolution of issues which result with software that is developed.
• Interacts with customers to document complex business requirements, translate them to technical specifications, conduct business process analysis and create conceptual designs while fitting into the overall context of existing IT systems and processes.
• Mentors other web engineers, web developers and works with members of the project team to design systems, prioritize needs, communicate requirements, develop content criteria, choose solutions and provides timelines and estimates for project completion.
• Researches new tools, technologies and development platforms for use in support of critical business processes.
• Ensures the preparation and maintenance of technical and support documentation, documents procedures, creates reports and provide training for users.
• Coordinates and communicates with applicable departments within the University to effectively troubleshoot or provide customer support to the campus on website and web application related issues utilizing established IT service management framework.
• Debugs software by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Provides technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work by maintaining existing codebase, which includes expert analysis to troubleshoot bugs, provide resolutions of complex issues and add new features.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
Five (5) years of relevant work experience in web development with technologies in use at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Must have experience in procedural and object-oriented languages (such as Coldfusion, Java, SQL), web programming tools and version control software. Knowledge of relational database design concepts, data models and SQL scripting. Understanding of internet security issues like firewall, SSL encryption, secure coding and authentication (LDAP).
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor office environment.
Ability to work some weekends and/or evenings as required. Occasional travel is required. Effective verbal and written communication skills with both non-technical and technical users. Detail oriented, self-motivated and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects within deadlines and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/08/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20162
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency