Senior Program Assistant, MBA for Professionals
Senior Program Assistant, MBA for Professionals
Posting Number: R0001846
Location: Portland Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:The Willamette MBA for Professionals Senior Program Assistant is responsible for program administration, student management, and event coordination for the Willamette MBA for Professionals, a part-time, evening MBA program. The Senior Program Assistant manages the day-to-day operations of Willamette University's Portland Center, including scheduling, reception, and clerical duties; provides coordination, administrative, and clerical support for the MBA program admission, enrollment, and current student processes; and provides support to the Executive Development Center programs and other special programming at the Portland Center.
The Senior Program Assistant works in tandem with the Professional and Early Career MBA admission teams, University Relations team, Executive Development Center team, and more. The Senior Program Assistant is responsible for meeting deadlines.
This position has a high profile in dealing with students, administrators, faculty, employers, alumni, and members of the public. This position requires a high level of organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills, professional demeanor and a team orientation to ensure good student, staff and alumni relationships and a positive public perception.
MBA for Professionals Program and Student Coordination
- Provides support to Faculty including generating syllabi, ordering and distributing text books and class materials, working with software, administering course evaluations, and day-to-day clerical support.
- Provides support to Students including sharing information and answering questions, class materials needs, software questions and scheduling space.
- Provides support to Alumni including scheduling and setting up meetings, generating agendas and updating information.
Portland Center Office Manager
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Atkinson Graduate School of Management in Portland including reception duties, and screening, directing, and responding to incoming telephone program and University questions. Provides information to students, faculty, staff, employers, alumni, and members of the public.
- Opens and closes the Portland Center, maintaining regular office hours.
- Ensures that the Portland Center physical space is maintained in a neat, clean, professional manner. Reports physical space problems to appropriate building management. Works with building management to ensure resolution of space problems.
- Oversees student food service including satisfaction, requests and general clean up.
- Arranges monthly parking and access (keys) to the Portland Center.
- Responsible for accounts payables, receivables, budget entry, logging purchases and coordinating payment with Atkinson Budget Manager.
- Schedules the facility for internal and external clients including reservations, catering setup, room setup, materials required and marketing.
- Purchases and manages supplies, furniture, and equipment. Manages vendor relationships.
- Accepts and routes incoming mail.
- Assists other administrators and faculty with administrative and clerical tasks as needed.
MBA for Professionals Recruiting/Admission Coordination
- Responsible for MBA application support including retrieving, logging and acknowledging receipt of application materials, maintaining application files, data entry, and report generation.
- Responsible for MBA prospect support including reports, individual correspondence, mass mailings, email blasts and management of marketing materials.
- Responsible for MBA new student support including registration, coordinating completion of University requirements with departments such as Financial Aid, Student Accounts and Bishop Wellness Center, and correspondence to new students.
- Responsible for MBA event coordination including catering, facility management, and communications.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Executive Development Center Program and Student Coordination
- Schedules appointments, sets up meetings, and generates correspondence.
- Provides support to EDC programs located at the Portland Center including generating and organizing materials, corresponding with faculty and students, catering setup, room configuration, order supplies, advice on travel arrangements, and support during events.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. High school graduate or equivalent and 2-4 years of college or post high school training preferred.
Minimum of two years of general office experience in an academic setting including considerable secretarial experience of a progressively responsible nature preferred.
Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions. This position is subject to a criminal conviction record check. Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty, and students.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
?Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Temporary position for 3 months. Monday - Friday 9:00 - 6:00 or Monday - Thursday 7:00 - 6:00
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Portland-Campus/Senior-Program-Assistant--MBA-for-Professionals_R0001846
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency