Application Developer Lead
Job Purpose: Consult with users to identify and specify requirements for software applications and technical solutions in support of complex processes and business needs. Lead and perform advanced level system analysis, definition and design activities of a complex nature. Lead in maintenance of existing applications.
- Analyze user requirements, determine technical level of effort estimates, prepare technical design and specifications.
- Recommend alternation solutions as appropriate.
- Develop, test and implement technical solutions. Prepare application test plans and conduct unit, integration and system testing.
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
- Provide technical support to functional users, determining and solving systems and programming issues. Coordinate communications with vendors when appropriate for problem resolution
- Participate in conducting informal and formal end user training.
- Participate in development of standards and guidelines. Ensure compliance of all standards and guidelines.
- Monitor project scheduling and all project tracking control systems. Advise and assist other analysts in area of specialized knowledge, test and review work of others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced expertise in application of query language, web development tools, procedural development tools, relational databases, structured programming and understanding of the software development life cycle. Also required are skills in providing technical work direction.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: N/A
•Preferred Work Experience: University/higher education experience
•Preferred Certifications: N/A
•Preferred Skills: This job requires engagement with customers and stakeholders to understand customer requirements. Experience in data integration and api programming. Web authentication familiarity including SAML or OAUTH. REST SOAP XML experience. JAVA experience. AWS knowledge and experience. Mulesoft knowledge a plus. Expertise in query language, databases, software life cycle. Agile or waterfall understanding. Application security methodologies, service oriented architecture. Additional Information: Due to nature of work, must be a US Person. Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Other software developers and analysts, project managers, database administrators, customers and department management. This position typically will advise and counsel: Other software developers and analysts, project managers, database administrators, customers and department management. This position will supervise: NA.
Department Description The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology leadership and support to the Georgia Institute of Technology, working in partnership with academic and business units to meet the unique needs of a leading research university. OIT serves as the primary source of enterprise-wide information technology and telecommunications services in support of students, faculty, staff, and researchers. Services and resources range from operating and maintaining Georgia Tech's leading-edge wired and wireless networks, which provide Internet and research network connectivity, to protecting the integrity of the Institute’s data and critical administrative systems. The Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) Directorate is comprised of several key groups working cooperatively together to implement, enhance and support the strategic institute initiatives and projects related to Georgia Tech’s enterprise administrative/business and academic information systems.