POSITION DESCRIPTION: Interesting work for a national accrediting agency (ACCET) in a small, supportive office environment (Washington, DC, Dupont Circle), with full benefits. Assist in the accreditation of higher education institutions. Primary responsibilities involve: (1) on-site team evaluation visits (travel required); (2) ACCET Commission Meetings, (3) Accreditation Workshops, (4) assigned Committees, and (5) technical assistance to ACCET membership.
On-Site Team Evaluation Visits:
- Organize, facilitate, and participate on team evaluation visits to institutions seeking accreditation. Travel required (approx. 25% - 35% of time).
- Schedule, arrange travel/accommodations, and assist the on-site teams of volunteer evaluators (Curriculum and Management Specialists).
- Draft, consolidate, and edit team visit reports for review by the ACCET Commission.
ACCET Commission Meetings:
- Provide assistance to Commissioners during ACCET Commission meetings.
- Prepare draft correspondence regarding the Commission’s accreditation decisions.
- Assist in conducting workshops for institutions seeking accreditation.
- Review ACCET standards, policies, and expectations with institutions.
- Chair assigned committees (e.g. Financial Review Committee, Program Review Committee, or Completion/ Placement Committee).
- Review documents related to assigned committee (e.g. financial statements/ audits, program applications, and/or completion/placement statistics).
- Recommend actions to the full Committee and/or Executive Committee for their consideration.
- Provide technical assistance to applicants and members on matters related to ACCET standards and policies.
- Provide assistance to federal and state regulatory agencies pursuant to related queries.
- Bachelor’s degree and work experience in a school, ideally a private postsecondary institution. Prefer experience and/or degree in higher education, curriculum development, financial aid/accounting/business, or accreditation.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail required to: (1) review documents for compliance with ACCET standards, (2) write team visit reports, (3) compile information from evaluation visits, and (4) draft letters detailing Commission decisions.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as reliability, diplomacy, and enthusiasm.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to transport teams in rental cars.
FULL BENEFITS: Medical, dental, and life insurance; retirement plan; free parking or commuter stipend.
SALARY: $55,000 - $59,000 depending upon experience.
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER, & SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO: [email protected]
ORGANIZATION: The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) is a non-profit, national accrediting agency founded in 1974 and recognized by the US Department of Education for the purposes of improving education and training at private postsecondary institutions. ACCET institutions are located in the United States, Puerto Rico, and some abroad. ACCET has a diverse institutional membership, including: (1) private career colleges/schools, (2) institutions offering English programs to non-immigrant foreign students, and (3) companies providing continuing education to employees and the general public.
For a job description and to learn more about ACCET go to our website (www.ACCET.org).
Apply for ACCREDITATION COORDINATOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly