Assistant to the Registrar for Data Entry, Photography, and Rights and Reproduction
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited Access No Limited Access Period Ending Date Title Assistant to the Registrar for Data Entry, Photography, and Rights and Reproduction Posting Number S01150 Full-Time/Part-Time Temporary Typical Hours Per Week 38.75 Regular, Temporary or Term Temporary If temporary or term, enter anticipated end date 04/01/2019 Benefits Eligible? No Hourly/Salaried Hourly Band/Level SP2 Hiring Minimum $19.13 Department Museum of Art Location Middlebury, VT Campus Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening Criminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
This is a temporary (5-month), non-benefits eligible position managing the Middlebury College Museum of Art’s digital image collection. The Assistant to the Registrar will oversee the expansion of the digital image collection, as well as the documentation, preservation, access, and distribution of this collection.
This position has oversight of all photography of the Museum’s collection and documentation, preservation, access, and distribution of the Museum’s digital image collections, including rights management and copyright compliance according to professional standards and best practices.
Assists with management and development of digital art images for the museum collection, including cataloging, technical production, and copyright oversight.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
• Expand, for our new TMS database, the Museum’s publication-quality digital images of works of art, through scanning, in-house photography, and contract photography.
• Assist with data entry in TMS
• Process and catalog digital images with full metadata
• Maintain digital image assets on the server in clear folders and file structures.
• Upload images and create digital media records in TMS.
• Supervise contract photographers, schedule photo shoots, and serve as the photographer’s assistant.
• Initiate and manage Non-Exclusive License Agreements with rights holders of objects in the Museum’s collection
• Respond to, process, and document all image requests for research, publication, and promotional materials
• Assist with the general care of the collection
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have art handling and photography experience, an understanding of rights management and copyright compliance according to professional standards and best practices, and have experience with digital asset management systems, TMS, and Photoshop.
Candidates must be detail oriented, highly organized, and capable of multi-tasking.Experience
Previous museum experience preferred.Physical Demands Posting Information Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter Requirements Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Middlebury web site
- Email Job Alert
- Employee Referral
- Newspaper advertisement
- * Please include the names of two references along with email and phone contact information.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3