Outdoor Programs Assistant
Job InformationClassification Information Classification Number 900616 Classification Title Outdoor Programs Assistant Department Dean of Students Level Level B (Skilled) Job Description
Middlebury Outdoor Programs oversees the Gear Room, Climbing Wall, Bike Shop, and designs outdoor adventures for students on weekends or school vacations. Outdoor assistants will have primary responsibilities in managing the Gear Room, while also supporting other activities as needed.
Gear Room Management
• Assist students with gear borrowing on Tues/Thurs evening Gear Room hours
• Accurately pack reserved gear for planned wilderness trips.
• Inspect all returning equipment for damage, dirtiness, missing parts, etc.
• Track borrowed gear, prevent missing gear, and maintain inventory information
• Perform repairs of outdoor equipment to maintain safety and quality
• Clean equipment and associated storage areas (FIC, Boat Barn)
• Assist with trip planning (ex – routes, equipment selection, vehicle reservations)
• Van driving
Additional Projects to support Outdoor Programs office
• A high level of familiarity and expertise with the use, maintenance, and repair of outdoor equipment.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• A commitment to accuracy and accountability.
• Experience in Outdoor Leadership (MMC Guide, MiddView Leader, Summer Outdoor Employment)
Questions regarding this posting can be sent to Doug Connelly at [email protected]Quicklink for Posting http://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/15864 Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V