Director of Development, College of Business
Director of Development, College of Business
Division of Advancement Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends required
The University of North Texas seeks an experienced, highly motivated, goal-oriented and energetic fundraiser with a proven track record of closing annual and major gifts and exceeding measurable performance goals. The Director of Development will join a division with dynamic and visionary leadership focused on advancing a donor-centric mission and building a vibrant team who will enthusiastically and strategically increase philanthropy and accelerate current momentum to propel the university's tremendous potential to new heights.
We are seeking a professional with a highly cooperative spirit, strong communication and relationship-building skills, a forward thinking approach, the ability to relate to multiple constituencies and to represent the University with tact, diplomacy and passion. The successful candidate will be able to convey enthusiasm for the mission and role of the College of Business and will, upon employment, work with the Executive Director to be able to convey detailed knowledge and passion about the college's work in accounting, logistics, finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, real estate, business integrated studies, and other areas.
The Director of Development works in consultation and in close coordination with Executive Director of Development to design and implement a comprehensive development program to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors for major gifts in support of college priorities. The Director works in a collegial and supportive manner with colleagues and donors to maximize giving to the university and coordinates with UNT's annual giving, corporate and foundation relations and planned giving units. The Director collaborates with UNT's advancement services, donor relations and communications teams to implement effective recognition and messaging.
The position reports to the Executive Director of Development and works closely with the Dean, Faculty and University volunteers.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordination with their supervisor to design, plan and implement a development program to foster and enhance the development opportunities.
* Solicit and successfully close major gifts.
* Works effectively with the Dean, Chairs, Faculty, Department heads and Advisory Board's to develop programs and strategies for specific/specialized funding needs.
* Identify and qualify prospects with the goal of building and managing a prospect portfolio of a minimum of 100 active prospects.
* Communicate with existing donors on a regular basis for continued cultivation and retention.
* Proactively supports the mission of the Division of University Advancement and is perceived to be an ambassador for the Division of University Advancement and the University as a whole.
* Establish and cultivate cross-campus partnerships to identify, engage and solicit prospects for multi-disciplinary UNT initiatives.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the university to fulfill donor goals and objectives and to implement appropriate stewardship and recognition.
* Actively participate in College and University events.
* Participate in and support any special project fundraising for university priorities as assigned by executive leadership.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and four years of professional experience in fundraising, donor relations, public relations, or sales: or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal and external constituents.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop and execute strategies.
* Ability to mentor and coach colleagues or direct reports.
* Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Fundraising experience for business related initiatives a plus.
* Knowledge of prospect portfolio management.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting