Job Number: 81639
Administrative Associate II
Job Code: 4102
Job Grade: E
FTE: 50%, non-exempt
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
School of Engineering website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/
The Center for Automotive Research at Stanford (CARS) is an industry affiliate program providing a unique partnership between our affiliate members and Stanford University. By creating a community of faculty and students from a range of disciplines at Stanford with leading industry researchers, CARS seeks to radically re-envision the automobile for unprecedented levels of safety, performance, and enjoyment. Housed in the Automotive Innovation Facility, our lab is a state-of-the-art vehicle research facility and community space where interdisciplinary teams work on projects that move vehicle technology forward by focusing on human-centered mobility solutions.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate and timely processing of financial transactions for CARS events, classes and lab- related expenses
- Display your organizational skills by planning and supporting events, coordinating logistics and schedules, and interfacing with vendors. Occasional overtime for events is required
- Maintain a high level of detail by managing multiple calendars, maintaining supplies and equipment, and making travel reservations
- Keep our lab organized and safe by performing quarterly audits and maintaining records
- Maintain approved content on the CARS website and keep our Constant Contact records up-to- date
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications and the ability to adapt to new technologies and processes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Initiative: you see what needs to be done and dive in
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing simultaneous tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent team interactions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with a diverse community of faculty, staff, students and the extended Stanford community
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- MS OfficeSuite
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application. Your one page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency