Discovery / Web Services Librarian III / Instructor in the Library
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The Richard E. Bjork Library at Stockton University is looking for a Discovery / Web Services Librarian familiar with usability design, web analytics and assessment tools, to manage the library’s discovery and web services. Applicants should have knowledge of web technologies and standards related to effective e-resource access and discovery. The Librarian also will serve as a liaison to assigned academic programs. This tenure-track, faculty position in a union environment reports to the Director of Library Services.
- Develops, supports, and maintains library discovery services (Primo) to enable access to library resources in all formats.
- Maintains awareness of enhancements and changes to discovery interfaces and configurations.
- Provides training, documentation, and public assistance for library discovery services.
- Manages the library's online presence (OU Campus, Springshare): conducts website accessibility audits, tracks website usage and assists in performing usability testing.
- Assists the Systems Coordinator in administering the Alma library services platform.
- Participates in the library liaison program as a subject librarian.
- Participates in planning, assessment and continuous improvement of all library operations and services, especially those related to information technology.
- Staffs the general reference desk as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Director for Technical Services or the Director of the Library.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library school or information science program.
- Experience supporting and developing one or more library discovery interfaces (such as Primo, Summon, EDS or WorldCat Local).
- Experience with website design, authoring tools and content management systems.
- Experience with Ex Libris products, especially Alma and Primo.
- Experience with web APIs, especially RESTful.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with current web accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG 2.0).
- Experience with electronic resource support tools (e.g. EZProxy, SFX).
- Experience as a library liaison/subject specialist.
Salary: Commensurate with the position, qualifications, and experience of the candidate.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.