Software Developer 2
Software Developer 2
Job Number: 80205
Job Code: 4822Job Grade: J
We build and maintain cutting edge web portals for the scientific community the online resource for basic scientific experimental research (yeastgenome.org) and an extensive online data warehouse and metadata project, the ENCODE Data Coordination Center and Portal (encodeproject.org) and the Saccharomyces Genome Database (http://www.yeastgenome.org). All projects are funded via the National Institutes of Health. Our goals include understanding, tracking and analyzing the genetics of human health and basic biological research on model organism systems (cherrylab.stanford.edu/projects.html).
Qualified candidates are expected to contribute to all phases of software development at ENCODE, including systems analysis, program design, development, and implementation.
Our stack is Python (Pyramid), ReactJS, ElasticSearch, and Postgres developed using modern cloud-enabled, open-source best practices. Our open source repositories https://github.com/ENCODE-DCC/ https://github.com/yeastgenome
Complies with and supports University and government health & safety regulations & policies.
- Proven ability in creating and maintaining complex web applications.
- Experience with JSON and RESTful services as data interchange format.
- Working knowledge of git.
- UNIX experience.
- Substantial expertise in building maintainable software packages.
- Experience with AWS and cloud deployment.
- Experience with unit tests and behavioral tests.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency