University of La Verne
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
Reporting to Associate Vice President, Academic Support & Retention, the University Registrar supervises all academic record functions for all University of La Verne students past and present, administers academic policies and procedures, and provides academic services to students, faculty, staff and external constituencies. The University Registrar interprets, implements and ensures adherence and compliance with academic policies as mandated by Faculty Governance structures and by external governmental agencies.
SUPERVISION AND MANAGEMENT OF ALL STUDENT RECORDS:
- Overseas the supervision and management of all student records.
- Updates all academic records for all students who have ever attended the University, including all historical records since our founding.
- Supervision and management of all staff of the Office of the Registrar functional units; Registration/Scheduling/Operations, Evaluations/Academic Records, and Technology Support.
- Responsible for all Registrar Operations including but not limited to; registration, grade posting and auditing, transcript requests, building the Schedule of Classes, classroom management.
- Responsible of all Academic Record functions including but not limited to; transcription of coursework, updating student records, evaluating transfer units, conducting degree audits, clearing students for commencement and commencement lists.
- Manages student appeals and works with students in problem solving.
- Responsible for all technical processes required to manage and maintain all student academic records.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the University’s official Student Record System in BANNER.
- Responsible for reports and communications to all external agencies, including; DOE, Clearinghouse, VA and other governmental (or sanctioned) agencies.
- Responsible for developing reports related to academic courses and student populations as requested by Provost, Academic Deans and Faculty Governance bodies.
- Initiates innovations in technology support.
- Monitors data integrity of the student record system.
GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE:
- Collaborates with Faculty Governance bodies, Academic Deans and the Provost on matters related to; interpretation, development and adherence to academic policies and processes.
- Responsible for development and management of the academic calendars including class scheduling and classroom management.
- Ensures that the University Community is trained and follows FERPA and other federally mandated regulations.
- Oversees and administers established academic policies and regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state and other regulatory agencies and has final clearance on all academic content in University Catalog
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree
- 5 years experience working in a Registrars Office environment with progressive responsibilities in an institution of higher education.
- Skilled in student record technology both as user and develop of new processes and technology. BANNER experience required.
- Experience with implementing new technology software related to academic records and classroom scheduling.
- Experience assuming participation and leadership in professional organizations related to Registrar and Articulation functions.
- Knowledge in managing student records and all related institutional and governmental regulations.
- Understanding of role of the Registrar in relation to adherence to academic policies.
- Operational knowledge of student record systems, BANNER Student Record System.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency