Marketing Associate (REQ. 29280)
UCLA Technology Development Group, Los Angeles, CA
The UCLA Technology Development Group serves as a campus-wide gateway to Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship. Our mission is to promote UCLA innovation, research, teaching and entrepreneurship to benefit society; create economic value to support UCLA’s scholarly and educational missions and the State of California; and lead UCLA’s research community to bring innovation to market.
UCLA TDG is looking for a TWO Marketing Associates to 1) market UCLA patents and inventions to industry, 2) inform UCLA faculty, staff and students about UCLA TDG services and UC IP policies, 3) help facilitate UCLA-industry partnership opportunities, and 4) promote UCLA licensing successes to internal and external stakeholders.
There are five key categories that the Marketing Associate's responsibilities fall under: (1) Non-Confidential Description (NCD) Drafting and Updating; (2) Client & Industry Relations; (3) Case Marketing; (4) Tech Fellow program oversight and management; and (5) Other Analytical Duties.
- Advanced degree in life science or physical science.
- Demonstrated skill in performing market research analysis using a combination of scientific – and industry - specific commercial databases and web-based resources; ability to create and refine database and internet search strategies.
- An understanding of marketing and communications concepts to effectively present services, products, and ideas to specific client groups.
- Skill in writing technical, marketing and educational material that is clear, comprehensive, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Oral communication skills to speak effectively on a one-to-one basis and in small groups, to engage in fact finding, to convey oral information, in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated ability to enter data accurately and efficiently, and create queries and analysis reports. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.