Senior Research Scientist
Posting DetailsI. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION Job Description Summary:
The National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership (NCMLP) at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health seeks a Senior Research Scientist for the role of Director of Health Care Leadership & Engagement with the aim of catalyzing engagement of health care practitioners and administrators seeking to include medical-legal partnership as part of a broad social determinants of health strategy. This role will have as special focus on (1) partnering with health systems or communities to anchor MLP practices in healthcare operations and (2) leading the dissemination of NCMLP resources designed for healthcare settings through learning collaboratives and other platforms. This position is considered part of the NCMLP’s senior staff and reports to the Co-Directors of NCMLP. Candidates of various academic backgrounds (e.g., M.D., M.B.A., R.N., M.H.A., etc.) will be considered. Regular travel will be required.
• Identify models of excellence in the field that provide lessons to advance the growth curve for spread of MLPs in different health care settings;
• Plan and participate in site visits;
• Draft summary reports on the outcomes and lessons of the project;
• Draft manuscripts for publications to disseminate project findings in peer-reviewed journal;
• Support other research and evaluation projects, as needed, for NCMLP.
• Develop and execute a strategy for building relationships with key health care and community organizations in furtherance of advancing investment in the National Center and the broader medical-legal partnership approach;
• Provide technical assistance and other supports to health care providers and systems seeking to integrate legal services into a broad range of health care settings;
• Support the training of health professionals to ensure the learning, enhancement, and updating of essential knowledge and skills related to population health;
• Conceptualize, develop and (co-)lead meetings of clinicians, administrators and allied professionals alongside other sector leaders and stakeholders;
• Lead the development of specific training and technical assistance documents and materials, and lead site visits to educate a range of health care team members and others regarding how to work in inter-professional teams;
• Inform the on-going development and implementation of MLP-related performance metrics;
• Conceptualize, develop and (co-)lead learning networks under federal and private foundation grant awards;
• Participate in local, state and national stakeholder meetings, briefings, and policy discussions;
• Assist with NCMLP National Summit planning and execution.
• Inform and advise both NCMLP team and allied legal and social service partners about trends in health care system change and innovation to build cross-sector knowledge and capacity;
• Perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a master’s degree/PhD and at least 8 years of experience in a related discipline, to include two years of research and/or college level teaching in a field basic to the work to be performed. Experience must include planning, conducting and reporting as primary responsibilities. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
•8 years of clinical and/or health care administration experience
•Excellent communication skills
•A strong understanding of health care operations, payment reforms, and social determinants of health
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? Posting Number: R000666 Job Open Date: 10/10/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter