Associate/Full Professor - Medical Director of Clinical Laboratory
Job Title: Associate/Full Professor - Medical Director of Clinical Laboratory
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 26838
The Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences at the University of Missouri School of Medicine is seeking a Clinical Pathologist faculty member at Associate Professor or Full Professor rank to serve as Medical Director of the Clinical Laboratories of the University of Missouri Healthcare system. The Medical Director reports directly to the Chairman of the Department of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences and works closely with the personnel of UMHC’s hospitals including the Technical Director of Laboratories, supervisors of individual laboratories, the Billing Coordinator, and other employees of the hospitals’ Department of Pathology, as well asleaders of the Hospital and Medical Staff. Duties will be divided between direction of the hospital laboratories and academic duties in the Department of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences (PAS).
The duties of this position include the following:
1. The Laboratory Medical Director is expected to be a bridge between the Hospital laboratories and PAS.
2. The Director will be expected to exercise appropriate authority but to be able to network and create compromises as appropriate.
3. The Laboratory Medical Director is ultimately responsible for the proper function of all laboratory sections, including those located within University Hospital (UH) and Women’s and Children’s Hospital (WCH), plus the separate laboratories for Toxicology, ANA, Special Chemistry, and the outlying Clinic Laboratories. The Medical Director is responsible for supervision of all activities necessary for maintenance of the accreditation of the laboratories (through the College of American Pathologists Laboratory Accreditation Program) and other regulatory agencies.
4. The successful applicant should have certification from the American Board of Pathology in Clinical Pathology and additional training and certification in Microbiology, Chemistry, Molecular Genetic Pathology or Pathology Infomatics, or have had at least one year of training in Molecular Genetic Pathology. Anatomic Pathology experience is recommended, given the Director approves or participates with the Director of Anatomic Pathology in refining AP workflow protocols, job positions, QA/QI, and proficieny testing in AP as well as CP areas, but AP certification, while desirable, is not required.
5. Demonatrated laboratory management experience, such as directorship or assistant directorship of clinical laboratories, is desirable.
Candidates must have an MD or DO, be qualified for an unrestricted Missouri medical license and have certification (or eligibility for certification) by the American Board of Pathology.
Interested individuals should use our online application, be prepared to upload a letter of interest, a list of at least three references and curriculum vitae.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: