Answer the Call to Service: Explore Volunteer Opportunities at your local Community Colleges!
Volunteering at the Coast Community College District helps not only the students; it provides many rewards for the volunteers as well. Our volunteers love the academic environment and the unique beauty that each of our campuses offer. The colleges' volunteers are a diverse group. They range in age from 18 to 90. They are professional people, business men and women, retirees, homemakers, college students, faculty and staff. Together they contribute thousands of service hours to the colleges each year.
Volunteering to assist in any of the opportunities below can be a rewarding experience in and of itself. In addition, these opportunities can provide participants with an inside look at the types of positions that exist in the Coast Community College District.
- Student Services
- Instructional Services
- Administrative Services
- Student Success and Support
- College and Community Support
- College Advancement (Foundation)
- Business Services
- Student Activities
- Art Gallery
- Public Relations and Marketing
There are a variety of options for volunteering. Departments can view your skills and areas of expertise that align with their goals and areas of need, as available. The duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the nature of the assignment.
Volunteers can help extend and expand existing programs within the District by providing the additional services needed. They can assist departments by providing skills, expertise, fresh ideas, objective view points, or an extra hand.Qualifications and Physical Demands
Volunteers can expect to have:
- Meaningful and challenging assignments
- Clear and specific directions at all times
- On-going training and supervision
- Recognition of accomplishments
- A working partnership with staff
- Feedback and suggestions from supervisors
- Perform assignments effectively
- Notify the supervisor when unable to report for assignment
- Observe the organization's/department's guidelines
- Participate in training and accept supervision
- Ask questions when necessary
- Maintain confidentiality
- Give adequate notice of resignation
- Gain valuable work experience
- Make use of your talents and abilities
- Achieve new skills
- Secure job references
- Explore career possibilities
- Improve communication skills
- Stimulate new friendships
- Help maintain a high quality of service
- Be a good neighbor
- Make a difference!
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for a volunteer POOL to fill volunteering assignments on an as-needed basis. We accept applications all year long. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill intern and volunteer assignments as the need arises. (Applications will remain in the pool for one year.)Additional InformationApplication Requirements: To be considered for a volunteer opportunity you must submit:
- A complete online Volunteer application.
Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Recruitment at (714) 438-4716.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned.