PT Hourly POOL - Administrative Assistant, Career Services
This part-time hourly administrative position reports to the Dean, Career Education and Career Services and will provide support to the Career Services area office.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director, faculty, and staff of the Career Services department; assist with the day-to-day coordination of administrative operations interacting with the public, students, administrators, faculty and staff.
- Participate in the activities of the office to support the career advisory committees on behalf of the Director.
- Assist the Director with providing relevant program information to the public, faculty, students, and staff; relieve the Director of routine administrative duties.
- Utilize various computerized systems and software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to assist in the daily operations of the office.
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of events, meetings, and workshops.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and conferences.
- Compile and organize information for specific projects, forms, reports, and requisitions.
- Arrange appointments for the Director, initiate meetings as directed; assist with travel arrangements for conferences and events.
- Operate a computer and related office equipment.
- Perform a full range of simple to moderately complex functions in support of assigned projects and programs.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Modern office practices,
- Record keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Provide administrative support for a department and/or office.
- Maintain records and files.
- Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and repots.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Operate office equipment using a computer and related equipment for record keeping, data base searches, report writing and word processing functions.
- Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Plan and organize work to meet deadlines of the office and/or administrator.
- Complete work with frequent interruptions.
- Understand and work within the scope of authority.
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) - maintaining secure records with discretion and in compliance with FERPA.
Education and Experience:
- Completion on at least one year college level coursework.
- One year of experience in a clerical or administrative support role for a busy office reporting to and administrator.
- Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications.
Employment is on a part time temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. Short term/temporary assignments do not offer fringe benefits or pay for holidays or time not worked and are limited to 28 hours per week.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as needed basis. We accept applications all year long. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file, as needed, to fill temporary assignments. (Applicants will remain in the POOL for one year.)
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910 )
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Online Employment Application
- Current Resume
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.