PT Hourly POOL - Food and Beverage
Duties vary depending on assignment and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Wash pans, trays, plates, silverware, and serving equipment.
- Serve and sell food to students and staff.
- May prepare cash register and perform duties of a cashier.
- Assist in preparing salads, hot and cold sandwiches, desserts, and entree items.
- Clean, cut, and otherwise prepare fruit and vegetable items.
- Clean tables, chairs, food containers, serving counters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Prepare, heat or reheat a variety of food products, ensuring that sanitation and safety are preserved and that the product looks presentable.
- Maintain serving and display counters in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Prepare snack center for efficient daily operation.
- Put hot foods into warmers, prepare punch machine, and cola tanks.
- Set up packaged foods, fruit, milk, and dessert items and rotate for freshness.
- Receive and store incoming food.
- Cook and prepare entrees, soups, vegetables and other foods.
- Cook meat and other main dishes.
- Weigh and measure ingredients.
- Check recipes and estimate quantities of food and supplies needed.
- Increase and break down ingredients in recipes to produce a specified quantity of food.
- Assist in cleaning and storing cafeteria equipment and food supplies.
- Assist food service instructors by participating in the instruction and supervision of students in food service classes.
- Cashier and count money.
- Serve food on a serving line.
- Assist and instruct helpers or new personnel in methods and procedures of tasks assigned.
- Perform baking and general kitchen duties as assigned.
- Perform related work as required.
Depending on Assignment, Knowledge of:
- Methods of preparing, cooking, and serving foods in large quantities.
- Kitchen sanitation and safety precautions and personal hygiene related to food handling.
- Operation, cleaning and caring for utensils and equipment.
- Basic math, weights and measures
- Modern food service techniques and procedures.
- Simple record keeping.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
Depending on Assignment, Ability to:
- Prepare and cook meats and vegetables skillfully in large quantities.
- Plan and organize food preparation to meet fixed schedules.
- Increase and break down recipes.
- Operate a variety of appliances used in cooking foods in large quantities.
- Add, subtract, cashier and make change quickly and accurately.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Operate a cash register and to make change rapidly.
- Maintain food service equipment and facilities in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Lifting, carrying and/or pushing 50 lbs., with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Work requires standing on feet for prolonged periods and good manual dexterity. Employees are expected to work in hot and cold temperature extremes. Employees may also be required to have skin contact with detergents, abrasives, cleaning solvents and disinfectants.
Willing to work weekends and nights, as assigned. Willing to comply with grooming, dress and personal hygiene standards.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Classified/Management Employment Application
- Current Resume
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4713.