PT Hourly POOL - Custodian
DefinitionDEFINITION:Under the general supervision of the Director of Maintenance & Operations, to perform the routine custodial services required to maintain assigned buildings and adjacent ground areas in a clean, orderly, and secure condition; to perform related work as required. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean and ready boards for the next day's class sessions.
- Empty various trash containers, align furniture, clean, polish, wax, dust, and wash various surfaces daily or periodically to predetermined standards.
- Secure assigned buildings and campus areas.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment.
- Complete reports on pre-printed formats.
- Wax, wash, polish, and dust furniture to preserve life and appearance of furniture.
- Maintain various types of chalkboard using equipment appropriate for the various surfaces.
- Arrange furniture and equipment in configuration appropriate for needs of group facilities.
- Basic English writing skills to complete reports.
- Basic math.
- Proper methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the custodial trade.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Use simple tools and to make non?technical reports.
- Communicate on a telephone.
- Use power cleaning equipment, such as: scrubbers, buffers, wet and dry vacuums, rotary shampooer, steam cleaner, dry foam shampooer.
- Change various types of lights, such as incandescent, fluorescent, mercury, vapor, and exit lights.
- Establish an efficient work process, adjust to change in workload, and efficiently accomplish the duties assigned for the day.
- Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices and possession of a valid, appropriate, and unrestricted California Driver's License.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Work without direct supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
PAY PHILOSOPHY: Starting salaries for management and supervisory positions are based on a combination of education, qualifications and experience. Initial placement is within the starting salary range. Further advancements are based on initial salary placement.
Application Requirements: Applications must be received no later than the posted closing date. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Electronic applications may be completed by visiting www.cccd.edu/employment. Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Classified/Management Employment Application.
- A current resume.
To ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, please do not submit materials in addition to those requested. Additional materials will not be considered or returned. Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate "n/a" (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank.All applications will be screened under a process of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate the job you are applying to and your name.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4713.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.