Director, Academic Program Speed School (JOB ID: 36428)
This position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the J.B. Speed School of Engineering (SSoE) Graduate recruiting, admissions, fellowship management, external funding opportunities, and academic services. This person will develop and implement recruiting and enrollment management plans for the SSoE graduate degree programs, manage the admissions process, manage the fellowship award process, facilitate external funding opportunities for graduate students, on-board new graduate students, advise graduate students on degree requirements and academic policies and procedures, monitor progress toward degree, provide academic services and preliminary degree checks. This position reports directly to the SSoE Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs. Specific responsibilities of the director include:
- Direct, organize and execute MS, MEEM, PhD, and graduate certificate application, admission, fellowship award, external funding opportunities, and academic services for all SSoE departments. To include all graduate programs available via on-campus, online, and distance delivery formats.
- Lead recruiting efforts for engineering MS, MEEM, PhD and graduate certificate programs. Marketing efforts to include, but not limited to, website, social media, targeted email campaigns, and open houses/fairs. Develop feeder institutions both regionally and internationally,
- Supervise the SSoE graduate affairs staff.
- Develop reports and statistics to provide on-going assessment of program effectiveness and guidance for future improvements to include, but not limited to, graduate admissions, graduate student enrollment, graduate retention and degrees, fellowship funding, graduate student evaluations, and graduate student permanent placement.
- Serve as liaison for MS, MEEM, PhD, graduate certificate programs and students between SSoE Office of Academic Affairs and department chairs, SSoE departmental Directors of Graduate Studies, UofL Graduate School, UofL International Center, UofL registrar, and UofL bursar.
The qualified candidate will have substantial experience in higher education academic and/or student affairs services. Master’s degree is required. Strong skills in team building, cross-functional collaboration, oral and written communication, project management, and team-leading are required. The candidate must also be computer literate and adept at learning new technologies. Some travel will be required as well as participation in occasional evening and weekend events required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at [email protected] or 502.852.6258.