This position is responsible for the facilitation of the University's "Good Faith Effort" criteria, HUB outreach, meeting HUB goals, and HUB performance reporting as specified by the Board of Regents, State of Texas, and Senior Executives
Typical Duties/Job Duties
1. Plan and direct the marketing and outreach efforts for HUB participation, which includes guiding the formulation and interpretation of HUB policies and procedures for the university.
2. Organize vendor product shows for the benefit of using HUB vendors for university procurement as well as expanding the faculty and staff product knowledge.
3. Represent Angelo State University by attending Equal Opportunity Forums and other state and System HUB events to improve vendor relations.
4. Assist HUB vendors with State Certification process, application to centralized master Bidders List and train HUB vendors in the university bid process and other state opportunities.
5. General all monthly, quarterly, annual Hub Reports as required by the State of Texas, Texas Tech Board of Regents and university administration. Monitor contract administration for complete HUB compliance and documentation. Track, record, audit and report HUB subcontracting payments, compliance and progress.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of state laws relating to state contracts;
Knowledge of the comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA's procurement processes, Vendor Management Program, HUB rules, policies and procedures;
Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Ability to work tactfully and professionally with internal and external customers, in person and on the phone;
Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines;
Ability to analyze data and present in written and spreadsheet form;
Ability to work in a team environment;
Must have an aptitude for details
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field;
Five (5) years of related experience;
Experience with HUB or Supplier Diversity, and working with computerized purchasing online system.
Masters in Business Administration or related field
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected]