Confidential Human Resources Specialist I
Los Rios Community College District
Confidential Human Resources Specialist I
Job Posting Number: C00811P
Salary: $4,082.10 per month
Closing Date: 1/23/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10285
The Confidential Human Resources Specialist I is an experienced technician. Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, incumbents perform a variety of complex technical and clerical support duties of the Human Resources Department. [For a detailed job description for this Confidential Employee’s posting select Job Descriptions click here.]
The position is assigned to the Los Rios Community College District Office – Human Resources.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 21 days’ vacation yearly and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies.
● Incumbents complete and process technical transactions.
● Monitors and controls activities according to District policy and procedures, federal and state rules and regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
● Identifies issues and concerns relating to operations, human resources procedures, and coordinate the resolution of issues.
● Prepares and maintains operational policies, procedures, and systems.
● Maintains personnel files.
● Reviews college transcripts, credentials, assess course work, and work experience for salary placement, and to determine if minimum qualifications and other employment requirements are met.
● Screens applicant pools for minimum qualifications.
● Provides orientations and workshops.
● Prepares human resources board agenda items.
● Enters, maintains, and extracts accurate employee and applicant information using the human resources information systems.
● Assists with the review, analysis, and updating of the human resources information systems.
● Serves as liaison between human resources and computer support services.
● Represents department in meetings.
● Updates Human Resources web pages.
● Assists with determining appropriate faculty service areas.
● Extracts, researches, and analyzes data for reports and employment negotiation.
● Performs special projects.
● Prepares correspondence and reports.
● Oversees work of temporary staff.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience related to the representative duties of the position.
Promotion: One year of experience with Los Rios Community College District at the level of Confidential Human Resources Assistant III. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
EDUCATION: Completion of two years of college from an accredited institution with a minimum of 12 units in business, human resources/personnel administration, public administration or related field.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.