Student Success Coordinator
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Student Success Coordinator. As outlined in Lynn's new strategic plan, the university will focus on improving persistence and graduation rates. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Student Success, the Student Success Coordinator will join this effort and work on strategic initiatives to enhance the student experience. The Student Success Coordinator will provide responsive, high quality service to Lynn University students, parents, faculty and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, implement and support student success initiatives that ensure that students have a positive experience at the university resulting in increased persistence and graduation rates.
- Serve as the primary point person in the new university center to assist students navigate the academic, financial, social, cultural and athletic environments on campus.
- Proactively resolve challenges and remove barriers for students by partnering with faculty and staff to find optimal solutions.
- Serve as a resource for all university departments to ensure that students meet critical deadlines including but not limited to: registering for classes, securing housing and providing payment.
- Develop, maintain, promote and market a comprehensive resource guide of student support services for students, faculty and staff to reference.
- Oversee student workers that assist in outreach efforts and promotion of university resources.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, work independently, and produce timely results.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and analyze data and the business process needs of the integrated functions of a complex administrative business system is required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to train others and supervise student workers.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems independently.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated ability at planning and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Apple tools with a willingness to learn various computer programs.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Master's degree is preferred.
- One to three-years of customer service experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.