Multimedia Coordinator (part-time)
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Multimedia Coordinator. The Multimedia Coordinator will help manage the production flow and creative process for the Marketing and Communication Department's Multimedia Production team. The ideal candidate must have multimedia production experience and a finger on the pulse of creative trends. Since we're an in-house team, the Multimedia Coordinator will work on projects both within their specialties and also outside of them. This will include, but is not limited to: maintaining the project calendar; coordinating locations, talent and schedules for multimedia production shoots; keeping an up-to-date list of available student talent; and, keeping equipment organized and clean. The role requires flexibility, proactivity, organization, ambition, strong communication, and team spirit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Multimedia Producer with all aspects of production, including, but not limited to: concept development, talent casting, scouting, scheduling, photo retouching, conducting interviews, basic video editing, and photo/video production shoots
- Manage university-wide headshot project
- Manage ongoing university-wide testimonials project
- Maintain an up-to-date list of missing photography and b-roll opportunities
- Scout on campus talent and maintain database of contacts
- Contribute to ongoing maintenance of production/content drives and Webdam
- Contribute to improving internal processes; champion the solutions
- Produce university-wide marketing content deliverables
- Create visual and written stories
- Produce high-impact photography and video deliverables, as assigned
- Cover weekend/night events when necessary
- Coordinate travel arrangements for shoots, as applicable
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- 1-2 years of experience working at a brand, for a studio and/or agency; and/or relevant coursework
- Must include link to photography samples and/or portfolio.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven project management and production/post-production experience
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Understanding of media asset management
- Team player, dedicated to maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners on all aspects of creative
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances
- Required to transport/use videography/photography equipment; achieve desired product
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Lightroom, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Ability to handle stress and interact with others in a professional manner
- Must be able to stand, walk and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to use hands, reach with arms, climb, balance, stoop and kneel
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.