BONNER SCHOLARS PROGRAM MANAGER
Wofford College invites applications for the Bonner Scholars Program Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of Center for Community-Based Learning (CCBL), the Bonner Scholars Program Manager has primary responsibility for implementing, assessing and strengthening a cohesive developmental framework for Bonner Scholars that, in four years, guides student participants through the development of appreciation for civic ethos and social justice, civic literacy, civic inquiry, and a commitment to lifelong civic action.
The Bonner Scholars Program Manager is a salaried exempt position and the normal work schedule is 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Contingent upon activities and events, occasional evenings and weekend hours, along with occasional travel, will be expected. Hours of work performance is approximately 40 hours/week.
ABOUT THE BONNER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The Bonner Scholars Program at Wofford College is a strategically targeted scholarship program designed to support students from underrepresented groups that may also be first-generation college attendees. The Bonner Scholars Program students experience a learning program that lasts eight semesters, two summers, and engages each student in 1600+ hours of learning and service designed to produces informed citizens, address critical societal issues, and strengthens democratic values and civic responsibility.
Bonner Scholars Program Administration
- Administer program activities and events for Bonner Scholars
- Recruit and orient Bonner Scholars
- Provide professional, academic, and programmatic guidance and support for Bonner Scholars through the curriculum and co-curriculum
Bonner Scholar Program Management
- Collaborating with the Director of the CCBL to develop a student leadership structure that works well for Bonner and all CCBL related efforts (e.g., Bonner Leadership Team, Bonner Congress Representatives, Issue or Site-Based Student Team Leaders, etc.), engaging students and deepening community partnerships
- Cultivate and maintain Bonner community partner relationships throughout the business community
- Oversee financial and programmatic reporting to the Bonner Foundation and the Corporation for National and Community Service
- Participate annually in the Bonner Summer Leadership Institute and the Bonner Directors and Coordinators Meeting
- Design and implement programs, in partnership with faculty responsible for community sustainability and others, to advance civic development in related curriculum or programs (e.g. Milliken Community Sustainability, community-engaged signature work within the majors/minors/etc.)
- Co-design and co-teach the “Learn to Change the World in 28 Days” Interim class, for First Year Bonner Scholars and other community-engaged students
- Collaborating with teammates in the CCBL as well as business and community partners/stakeholders both on and off campus to fulfill the mission of the CCBL
- Stay abreast current civic, social, and community issues and developments and participate in trainings, seminars, conferences as required
- As an engaged and valued Wofford employee, contribute and participate in Wofford College activities and service as delegated, assigned, or elected
A bachelor’s degree in education, social services, or related field is required for appointment. Preference will be granted for candidates with a Master’s degree or advanced training. Skillsets in mentoring, coaching, as well as project management and implementation will prove to be successful in this position. Demonstrated effective public speaking and communication as well as working effectively both independently and in a team environment will be valuable. The successful incumbent will ideally have a passion for the fulfillment of social justice through education for active citizenship.
ABOUT WOFFORD COLLEGE:
Wofford College, established in 1854, is a four-year, residential liberal arts college located in Spartanburg, S.C. It offers 25 major fields of study to a student body of 1,650 undergraduates. Nationally known for the strength of its academic program, outstanding faculty, study abroad participation and successful graduates, Wofford is home to one of the nation’s 283 Phi Beta Kappa chapters. The college community enjoys Greek Life as well as 19 NCAA Division I athletics teams.
For more information regarding Wofford College, please visit www.wofford.edu .
Email the following application documents to Ms. Jessalyn Story ([email protected] ): (1) letter of interest explaining your experience and how you meet the qualifications of this position; (2) a current resume, and (3) names and contact information (email and telephone numbers) of minimally 3 professional references. For assured consideration, please submit all requested application materials by January 20, 2019.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Wofford College provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The full-time benefit package includes comprehensive major medical insurance, retirement savings plan, life insurance and other fringes, including an onsite wellness clinic.
Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.