Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance
Open Until FilledDepartment Name College of Business Degree/Program B.S. Business Administration; B.S. Sustainable Hospitality Management; MBA Job Number FAC2018-302 Priority Screening Date 11/08/2018 Recruitment Status Apply now! Priority screening date is November 8, 2018. Projected Start Date 08/19/2019 Position Description
- Facilitating engaged learning to promote student success in an outcomes-based education environment
- Developing an effective curriculum that implements best teaching practices of finance in higher education
- Maintaining Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards through continuous scholarly activities
- Participating actively and exercising collaborative peer leadership in college-level and university-level administrative committees
- Using your academic training and experience to serve the profession and the public and to contribute to the CSUMB Vision
- Mentoring students and helping them achieve their career goals through introductions and referrals to employers and graduate schools
- Teaching lower and upper division courses (including lower division accounting courses); willingness to teach online and hybrid modalities when needed
- Engaging with the finance community and other stakeholders
- A track record of published research is critical, especially for those candidates seeking a position as associate professor
- Ph.D. in Finance, by the time of appointment, from a Regional or AACSB accredited doctoral program
- Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards at time of appointment
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- Interest and experience in data analytics and big data
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas
- Work experience and/or professional certification(s) in business or government agencies
- Since CSUMB’s business community is composed of agriculture, hospitality, and small business, knowledge and/or experience working these stakeholders and sustainability is desirable
- Experience teaching multiple course preparations per quarter or semester
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
A completed online application and all required materials must be received by University Personnel by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screening date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB will not fax application materials.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library (map). Please check the link provided for the respective hours and the location.
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research and teaching expertise.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe why you would like to work for the University and how your contributions would enhance the CSUMB Vision Statement.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Your feedback is important. Please take a moment to let us know how you found out about this employment opportunity?
- Cal State Monterey Bay - Website
- CSU Careers - Website
- Chronicle of Higher Education - Website
- Inside Higher Ed - Website
- Higher Ed Jobs - Website
- Black Doctoral Network
- Diversity Jobs - Website
- Diverse Issues - Website
- Hispanic Outlook - Website
- Latinos in Higher Education - Website
- Women in Higher Education - Website
- Employee Referral
- If you selected Other, please list here.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Research Sample
- Teaching Evaluations