Director, Grants & Contracts Administration – Office of Research Administration
Director, Grants & Contracts Administration – Office of Research Administration Job no: 495323
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Office Research Administration
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Dec 13 2018
General Summary of Position:
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) provides assistance to faculty and research staff in all aspects of managing external research funding. The Director of Grants and Contracts Administration manages the Grants and Contracts team within ORA. The position manages and oversees aspects of the preaward and non-financial post-award administration of grants and contracts including proposal review, approval and submission; award set-up; and award management support with rebudgeting, extensions and other project modifications. This position is responsible for helping to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, University and sponsor policies, procedures and rules. The position and office work closely with the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation’s offices, as well as other units across the campus and throughout the University system to provide efficient and effective research administration support services to the UMass Lowell research community.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Lead and Manage the Grants & Contracts unit within the Office of Research Administration.
2. Provide Grants & Contracts Administrator support to a portion of the campus proposal activity and active awards portfolio which includes responsibility for:
- Proposal Development - review and approval of proposals prior to submission including preparation and approval of budgets
- Review and Set-up of Awards
- Preparation of Modifications to Existing Awards – includes handling of no cost extensions, carry-forward requests, rebudgeting and other modifications and items requiring prior approval.
- Communication with Sponsors – acting as a liaison to resolve questions and issues that arise during the course of an award
- General Knowledge of Funding Opportunities
- Direct Interface with Principal Investigators (PIs)
3. Coordinate with other leadership, offices, committees, and staff.
Represent ORA in system-wide work groups and initiatives as related to Grants & Contracts Administration.
4. Present at seminars and workshops
- Present at seminars and workshops to train faculty and staff and disseminate information about sponsor and university policies and procedures for obtaining and managing grant and contract funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Posting updated 12.13.18 (originally posted 8.27.18)