Faculty Part Time - Philosophy (Intro, Logic, Ethics - regular, biomedical and business ethics)...
Adjunct FacultyPosition Information Position Title Faculty Part Time - Philosophy (Intro, Logic, Ethics - regular, biomedical and business ethics) 072016 Position Type Faculty Department Liberal Arts FLSA Full Time or Part Time Part Time Fixed Term/Tenure Track Grade PT Faculty Salary Range Hiring Salary Range Salary Commensurate with Degree Union/Non Union Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary Commensurate with DegreeMinimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent* with a minimum of 24 graduate credits in Philosophy. *Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may, at the discretion of the vice president, be determined to meet this requirement.)
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level in the area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience.
- Extent and relevance of graduate educational preparation in areas relevant to anticipated course assignments.
- Relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments. Example: Curriculum development.
- Extent and relevance of scope and diversity of content areas in which teaching assignments can be undertaken.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the college. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or equivalent* with a minimum of 24 graduate credits in Philosophy? *Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may, at the discretion of the vice president, be determined to meet this requirement.)
- * Do you have teaching experience at the college or high school level, in area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area?
- * Please describe in detail the extent and relevance of your teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I have clearly addressed the criteria for this position in my application, resume or other attached documents.
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you selected "Other" please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae