Faculty FT - Biology (Genetics and Evolution)
Job Vacancy AnnouncementPosition Information Position Title Faculty FT - Biology (Genetics and Evolution) Position Type Faculty Department Natural Science and Engineering FLSA Exempt Union/Non Union Non Union Full Time or Part Time Full Time Grade . Salary Range Hiring Salary Range Salary Commensurate with Experience Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only) Tenure Track Regular or Temporary Regular Job Description Summary
Prince George’s Community College invites applications for a full-time faculty position in biology, beginning in Fall 2019. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to high-quality undergraduate education. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in the fields of genetics and evolution, and with experience teaching at the college level.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent*, with a minimum of 15 graduate credits in Biological Science.
- Teaching experience at college level, in the area of concentration, or pertinent professional experience relevant to teaching area.
*Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may, at the discretion of the vice president, be determined to meet this requirement.Criteria
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and to select those who will be invited for an interview. Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview. In addition to the criteria listed below, other information gained from and observations made during the interview process, including the review committee’s assessment of a simulated teaching performance, may be considered in selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment.
- Extent and relevance of graduate educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignment in biology.
- Relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and ratings, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of knowledge of and experience in employing instructional methods and techniques based on science education research such as inquiry-based learning.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development and/or scholarly activity.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Evidence of experience in or knowledge of curriculum development and instructional technology.
- Extent of experience with modern instrumentation, computational methods, and laboratory techniques.
- Ability to teach day, evening, weekend and/or online.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany applications for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the college. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Letters of reference must be job related and dated within the past three years. At least three letters should be included with the application.
- Ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a United States citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed education? (Education details must be included in your application.)
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited college/university
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Min Qual: Do you have teaching experience at the high school or college level, in the area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to teaching area?
- * Please explain the extent of your teaching/training experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you selected "Other" please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3