SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT, WBUR
Unique new opportunity to strategically partner with the leadership and staff at WBUR as they focus on their continued goal of creating a positive work environment in support of the WBUR mission of serving and engaging the local community as a source of news and information, providing insight and cultural context that unites a diverse, complex and changing world.
Strong collaborations with leadership will result in the development of HR plans that will drive the achievement of business objectives. The successful candidate will participate in this organizational restructure while supporting a diverse and inclusive team of 300 employees. Through a strong understanding of the business objectives, the Senior HR Consultant will develop and implement HR programs in diversity and inclusion, workforce planning and talent acquisition.
- Develop a strategy to improve organizational culture – accountability, recognition, and engagement. Work collaboratively with leadership and management to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, all of which will drive employee retention.
- Identify training needs for all employees of the business unit including:
- improving management skill sets in effective communication
- conflict management
- performance management
- individual executive coaching programs
- Develop and deliver programming on diversity and inclusion. Evaluate and monitor the success of training programs.
- Drive unit wide talent planning initiatives (in partnership with talent management) including profiling, assessment, calibration, development planning and succession planning.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintain a strong relationship with the organization’s Human Resources and legal teams.
- Identify key metrics and outcomes to assess and report on achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with a management team and to coach and influence decision making of senior leaders.
- Experience navigating a large network with multiple business units.
- 15+ years of experience, with a strong HR generalist background. Demonstrated success in a variety of industries.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Master’s degree in HR preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws or regulations governing human resources activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States