Assistant Director of Career Exploration & Success
Working Title:Assistant Director of Career Exploration & Success Department:Center for Career Exploration and Success Division:Enrollment Management and Student Success Campus:Oxford Posting Date:08/21/2018 Job Category:Staff Position Group:Unclassified Job Description Summary:
Job ID:6208 Unclassified FT (Salary)
The expanding Center for Career Exploration & Success (CCES) is seeking Assistant Directors to facilitate the professional development of specified populations of students.
The Assistant Directors will work collaboratively with their respective Colleges and assigned Career Interest Clusters to deliver career coaching services and programs strategically devised for their students. In addition, these positions will develop relationships with employers, conduct career coaching appointments, plan programs and leverage institutional data to drive decision-making about services for their populations. These positions will serve on the Career Development Team within CCES and will be a part of an expanding career center with ambitious goals to enhance professional development to all students.Duties/Physical Demands:
- Work in partnership with supervisor and respective academic divisions to develop and execute career development strategy including employer development and relations, career coaching, programs, and services to students based on institutional, divisional, and departmental priorities.
- Ensure communication and collaboration between the Center for Career Exploration & Success and appropriate academic departments, faculty, staff, and students, and student groups based on specified caseload and Career Interest Clusters.
- Extend relationships with current employers and other external stakeholders (e.g. alumni and parents) who can support the success of students and cultivate relationships with prospective external stakeholders.
- Develop advising structures, mentoring opportunities, and programmatic ways to support students who are interested in pursuing careers related to specific Career Interest Clusters. Support departmental efforts to work with career community stakeholders to develop academic and co-curricular pathways for student access into various careers.
- Support programming and outreach to under-served student populations as assigned and in collaboration with Career Center staff focused on this initiative.
- Teach first-year and/or career development courses as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of office-wide special events, programs, workshops, and career fairs, and other events as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in business, counseling, human resources, higher education administration, education, engineering, or a related field required by the agreed upon start date.
Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in career development, human resources or a related field.
Demonstrated business acumen and experience in employer relations, with proven knowledge of business and non-business career paths and recruiting practices.
Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications, management and training abilities.
Advanced project and program management abilities.
Proven ability to advise students.
Knowledge of job search preparation and strategies in related fields.Hours Per Week/Percent Time:Full-time Duration:12 Months Temporary:No Benefit Eligible:Yes Required Documents:Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume Application Types Accepted:Unclassified Criminal Background Check Required:Yes Post Offer, Pre-Employment Physical Examination:No