Instructional Assistant Professor ~ "Creating a Pool Position"
Request/Posting Number 0710724
Classification Title Instructional Assistant Professor ~ "Creating a Pool Position"
Working Title Non-Tenure Track Faculty
Job Class # 700502
Type of Position Non-Tenure/Adjunct Faculty
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) Varies
Department Mennonite College of Nursing - 05810000
Job Category Faculty - Non-Tenure (Adjunct)
General Summary In anticipation of possible openings in the Mennonite College of Nursing at Illinois State University throughout the academic year and summer sessions, a pool of qualified persons interested in part-time, non-tenure-track teaching positions is maintained. Applications are accepted continuously for non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
For over 90 years Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN) has had a reputation for innovation and excellence. We offer on-campus and online programs, including traditional, RN-BSN, and accelerated Baccalaureate degrees, a Master of Science in Nursing, PhD and DNP. As a leader in research on aging/vulnerable populations, quality and safety, and nursing education science, MCN is an excellent environment for candidates to share their clinical and classroom.
Required Qualifications 1. Masters of Science in Nursing completed by the start date of the appointment.
2. Passion for teaching undergraduate students in the clinical, laboratory and classroom setting.
3. Must have licensure in Illinois by the start date of the appointment.
4. For teaching positions, state law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
5. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: We seek candidates with preferred qualifications or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
1. Adult Health (Long term care and Acute care)
2. Psychiatric-Mental Health
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience.
Work Hours Varies
Proposed Starting Date: TBD
Posting date 06-04-2018
Closing date 06-04-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted. Employment is contingent upon a successful criminal background screening and negative drug screening.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application. Applications will be reviewed as vacancies become available.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
Contact Information Lissa Bevins
Departmental Homepage http://illinoisstate.edu/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Letter of Application
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.