Clinician or Clinical Assistant Professor
Request/Posting Number 0711416
Classification Title Clinician or Clinical Assistant Professor
Working Title Non-Tenure Track Faculty "Creating Student Supervisor Pool" (STS - Multiple Locations)
Job Class # 700200
Type of Position Non-Tenure/Adjunct Faculty
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) FTE will vary depending on enrollment
Department Chemistry - 04160000
Job Category Faculty - Non-Tenure (Adjunct)
General Summary Individuals will:
1. Plan student teaching semester with cooperating teacher and teacher candidate.
2. Provide information about requirements and teaching standards.
3. Observe the student teacher approximately once every two weeks.
4. Pre-conference, observe, post-conference for each visit.
5. Collaborate with cooperating teacher on midterm and final student teaching grade.
6. Mediate best resolution to problems that may arise.
7. Submit final grade and evaluation of placement via the online student teaching documentation form.
Regional travel will be expected for these positions based on site locations.
In anticipation of possible openings throughout the academic year and summer sessions, a pool of qualified persons interested in non-tenure-track teaching positions is maintained. Applications are accepted continuously for part-time, non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
These positions are represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
Required Qualifications 1. A BS degree in Chemistry or a closely-related field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
2. Must be or have been certified to teach in Illinois
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
4. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position
Desired Qualifications: Five or more years teaching experience
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience.
Work Hours Varies depending on class hours and office hours
Proposed Starting Date: Varies depending on enrollment
Posting date 11-29-2018
Closing date 11-28-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance three separate documents including the following:
1. cover letter
2. reference list (at least three professional references and contact information)
Applications will be reviewed as vacancies become available.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran
Contact Information Kelley Thomas
Departmental Homepage http://illinoisstate.edu/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across the region.