Instructor, Pediatrics Nursing
Next Review Date: 10/10/17*
*Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Instructor, Pediatrics Nursing, De Anza College.
De Anza College Mission Statement:
De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Division Dean, Biological and Health Sciences, teach assigned courses for Associate Degree Nursing Students with diverse learning styles. This includes incorporating cross-cultural knowledge into both theory and clinical practice in Pediatric nursing. Participate in all aspects of curriculum development and evaluation, which includes multicultural perspectives and practices. Establish effective working relationships with nursing faculty and nursing service personnel in clinical agencies. Attend college, nursing faculty and agency meetings. Additional responsibilities include being available for program student mentoring and advising.
Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, service on district and/or college committees, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Master’s degree in Nursing OR
Bachelor’s in Nursing AND Master’s in Health Education or Health Science OR
The equivalent OR
The minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher:
- One (1) year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; OR
- One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing are or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency; AND
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant’s expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Experience as an instructor in pre or post licensure nursing program.
- Experience with simulation and familiarity with basic computer software such as Microsoft office.
- Experience developing inclusive and effective culturally responsive classroom activities.
- The ability to design and apply varied teaching strategies to successfully engage, inspire and retain students with diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Participation in professional nursing and/or educational organizations.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of floor nurse including but not restricted to ability to work in a fast-paced environment with Code Blue and/or Rapid Response Team (RRT), ability to move objects/occupied beds with enough strength to perform effective CPR, must have adequate strength, dexterity and ability to assist with drawing blood, preparing and giving an injection, ear and eye drops and provide respiratory treatments.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS:
- A current and active California Registered Nurse License.
- Indoor, office environment.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- A District on-line application to be completed at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/ *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter detailing your background and experience, skills, and abilities as they relate to the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A scanned copy of your current and active California Registered Nurse License.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not otherwise meet minimum qualifications via educational degree attainment as specified), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application packet. Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” webpage to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
HIRING RANGE: $57,066.00 - $93,722.00 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience. NOTE: The salary advertised with this position is based on the 2017-2018 salary schedule. Effective July 1,2018 through June 30, 2019, the position will receive an additional temporary 5% increase. On July 1, 2019 salaries will revert to the 2017-2018 salary schedule unless another agreement is reached.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Other voluntary benefits are also available such as legal assistance, pet insurance, and long-term care. Faculty are also eligible for paid professional development leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track, 10-months per year
STARTING DATE: Fall 2017
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: [email protected]