PT Instructional Design and Technology Instructor
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Teach instructional design and technology courses.
- The successful candidate will have experience designing instruction/training; creating collaborative learning environments; experience in teacher education, faculty development, or adult learning; experience with the use and integration of technology in K-12 and/or higher education settings; integrating appropriate technologies in online, hybrid and face-to-face learning in a variety of environments; and will see his/her role as a 'facilitator' of learning and champion of student-centered learning environments. Provide classroom, hybrid, or online instruction in college level instructional design and technology courses using student-centered pedagogies. Teach courses from LINC departmental offerings. Create collaborative learning environments infused with educational technologies that support the intended learning outcomes.
- Indoor, office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position as defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges published by the Academic Affairs Division, Chancellor’s Office, California Community Colleges which can be located at the website below: http://extranet.cccco.edu/Portals/1/AA/MinQuals/MinimumQualificationsHandbook2012_2014.pdf
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant’s expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Master's degree in instructional design/technology or educational technology OR the equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in K-12 teaching, training and/or education design and delivery preferred.
- Comfortable with instructional design approaches such as the ADDIE model, and storyboarding, and multimedia tools
- Experience developing and implementing educational technology courses or training
- Experience with producing effective instructional materials and technologies to support learning
- Fluent in use of online collaboration tools and social media
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and community and business partners
- Must be able to handle teaching, training, and learning in all situations with professionalism, persuasiveness, and diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with students from diverse communities/populations
- Self-directed and innovative
- Proficiency and comfort with various online and hardware technologies
- Willingness to learn and grow in all aspects of the role
- Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
Education and accredited teaching experience determine placement on a non-negotiable part-time faculty salary schedule.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.