Kinesiolgy, Hlth Promo, & Rec - 132320
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Department of Kinesiology, Health Promotion and Recreation is recognized for teaching, research, creativity and professional activities, and services as they relate to physical and psycho-social health and overall quality of life in a diverse society. The Department's academic programs are state and nationally recognized and supported by world class faculty. The mission of the Department of Kinesiology, Health Promotion, and Recreation is to support and encourage an understanding of the nature and functioning of human beings in their physical and psycho-social health and well-being. The Department accomplish this mission through the academic preparation of professionals well-prepared for careers in sports, health, fitness, and wellness. Students, faculty, and staff contribute to the professional body of knowledge in Kinesiology, Health and Recreation, and provide service to the university and community at large.
The Kinesiolgy, Hlth Promo, & Rec Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Supports the Department Leaders in all curriculum matters, including scheduling, course changes, prerequisites; Scheduling classrooms & Conference rooms; & Administrative registration.
* Assists Graduate Coordinator & Assistant Chair with applications, admissions records, curriculum forms & student issues.
* Assists with web site edits and Department brochures.
* Submits hourly payroll and assists with leave reporting.
* Other duties as assigned
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting