Sr Administrative Specialist
Sr Administrative Specialist
Sr Administrative Specialist
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Grounds Maintenance group within the Facilities Maintenance Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Sr. Administrative Specialist to join our team.
The division consists of seven Departments: Custodial Services, Grounds Department, Electrical Maintenance, Utilities Maintenance, Structural Maintenance, Construction Services, and Auxiliary Services. For additional information on the Facilities Maintenance department you may visit our website at: https://facilities.unt.edu/about/maintenance
The Facilities Maintenance Department supports the academic, research, housing, and dining facility needs for the University of North Texas while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the University's physical assets. The Facilities Maintenance team performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs of the campus buildings and utility infrastructure. Grounds services provides an aesthetically pleasing environment for University faculty, staff, students, and visitors by maintaining all campus turf, landscapes, irrigation system, litter control, solid waste management and recycling. Facilities Maintenance maintains, repairs, constructs, and renovates University facilities and installed systems in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, and in conformance with University policies and standards.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of approximately 38,000 students. UNT is a student-focused Tier One Public Research University with 12 colleges and schools offering 101 bachelors, 82 masters, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 21 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university. Livability.com named Denton the 9th Best College Town in the nation.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions FPDC; Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world-class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities, you may visit our website at: https://facilities.unt.edu/about/maintenance . University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Sr Administrative Specialist to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Record daily labor logs and check for accuracy.
* Enter and track work order requests and coordinate with supervisors to ensure completion.
* Support human resource and payroll processes as a primary contact or backup for payroll preparation or certification, leave tracking, appointment papers, and other requirements.
* Respond to and initiate inquiries (questions regarding purchasing, personnel, facilities, administration, specialized programs, etc.). Explain policies, answer questions, and independently resolve problems whenever feasible.
* Prepare presentation materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design elements.
* Compose and/or prepare correspondence, memorandum, promotional materials, forms, newsletters, manuals, and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools.
* Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations.
* Assist in tracking department expenditures.
* Plan, prioritize and schedule meetings and appointments for management. Make decisions on a daily basis regarding calendars.
* Perform specialized administrative duties required to support the specific program area, using discretion to make judgments based on operating guidelines. Support purchasing requirements for department, researching items and obtaining price quotes, entering information into university systems, receiving purchase orders, and maintaining P-Card information as required.
* Arrange and coordinate travel and travel reimbursement for staff.
* Perform other administrative duties as required to support the mission and function of the unit.
*Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
* Supervisory skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Some experience with TMA or similar work order software.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting