Physical Therapy - 300820
The University of North Texas Health Science Center Department of Physical Therapy is housed within the School of Health Professions (SHP), which also includes a Physician Assistant Studies Program and an online Graduate Certificate in Lifestyle Health. The PT department offers a clinical Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) and a dual-degree DPT/Ph.D. in Structural Anatomy and Rehabilitation Sciences in collaboration with the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. UNTHSC is dedicated to excellence in education, research, primary care and community service with the goal of becoming a top 10 health science center. UNTHSC has a strong commitment to the success of the Physical Therapy department. UNTHSC relies on a culture of values with integrity, collaboration, respect, serve others first, be visionary to create solutions for a healthier community. We develop and deliver these solutions in an inter-professional, team-based environment that promotes patient-centered care.
The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Research Associate to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assist biological and medical scientists in laboratories.
* Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, monitor experiments, make observations, and calculate and record results.
* May analyze organic and non-organic substances.
* Conduct research and assist in the conduct of research, including the collection of information and samples.
* Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings.
* Keep detailed logs of all work-related activities.
* Use computers, computer-interfaced equipment, or high-technology industrial applications to perform work duties.
* Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas.
* Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory and field equipment.
* Measure or weigh compounds and solutions for use in testing.
* Point person/expert on Cortex hardware and software in the lab, maintain cameras and marker sets, prepare calibration, conducts data collections running Cortex, tracking, data processing and analysis for the projects assigned.
* Supervise other lab mates or students and assisting them with tracking and data processing in Cortex.
* Provide support for Grail/Goat and Dflow software; assist data collections and analysis.
* Keep detailed logs of all research-related activities, data collections, protocols, and backup data on protected drives.
* Analysis of data from various projects.
* Complete specific assignments/projects to analyze data past post processing level, (plotting results, analyzing trends, testing hypothesis, interpretation of what the data is saying) for specific studies.
* Provide results to principal investigators in a timely manner.
* Participate in dissemination of results, writing up methodology and results sections. Present a study from the lab at a scientific meeting.
* Be responsible for submitting abstract on due dates, prepare and present presentation/poster.
* Participate in supervision and facilitation of research projects conducted by graduate students, postdoctoral and clinical fellows, and residents involved in functions related to the research mission in the Human Movement Performance Laboratory.
* Provides support for motion analysis data collections that occasionally take place after regular business hours or on weekends to accommodate research participant schedules.
* Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Department.
Work is performed indoors in an office, lab, or clinical setting; may be exposed to noise levels, airborne communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens or bodily fluids. Constantly required to use fine motor skills (pinching, gripping, etc.), hear, reach, sit, stand, talk, walk, use near vision, discriminate colors, and use keyboard, mouse, and other equipment; occasionally required to push, pull, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, use far vision, and lift up to 35 lbs.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's degree from four-year college or university and one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree in Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Rehabilitation Sciences.
* Previous hands on experience in laboratory based research of human movement performance.
* Knowledge of Motion Analysis Systems, Force Plates, Matlab, Excel, Statistical Software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled