ASSOC DIR, ANNUAL GIVING DUKE MED DEV
ASSOC DIR, ANNUAL GIVING DUKE MED DEV
Medical Center Development
The Associate Director of Duke Health Annual Giving will be responsible for the management,planning and implementation of annual giving programs for Duke University Health System. The Associate Director will design and manage an extensive integrated marketing program for the health system's hospitals and multiple outpatient clinics to increase financial support for the Duke Health Fund and other research based initiatives.Reporting to the Senior Executive Director for Engagement, the Associate Director is part of the Duke Health Annual Giving team, which partners with other units including School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Duke Cancer Institute, Duke Children's Hospital, Duke Eye Center, and Duke Heart Center.Job Duties:Develop program strategy and implementation plan to increase the number of donors and financial support from patients across the health system. Plan and manage all aspects of the program to ensure appropriate solicitation and stewardship strategies are implemented and that fundraising goals and revenue targets area achieved. Create and manage a comprehensive and integrated direct marketing calendar for program that includes detailed acquisition strategies via mail, online and through social media.
Direct Marketing (40%)
- Directly responsible for all logistical components related to annual giving mailings for the health system.
- Develop creative components for the program including drafting of appeal letters and packaging, and create testing models to increase donors and dollars for program.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and cost effectiveness of projects.
Digital Media (40%)
- Develop and design a comprehensive online giving strategy for diverse patient audiences, which include e-solicitations, and various social media platforms.
- Accurately measure effectiveness as it relates to overall program goals.
Data Analysis (20%)
- Build strong working relationship with Research and Constituency Development to manage all data selection,tracking and measurements for program.
- Develop detailed understanding of current DADD (donor database) and Salesforce (patient database) for enhanced segmentation, testing and analysis.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work generally requires five years of annual giving or a related field providing experiences in fundraising strategies and activities. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
- Strong data analysis and planning skills with the ability to monitor and translate results into performance targets and objectives.
- Significant and successful fundraising experience, particularly with direct mail and web-based fundraising products and programs.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and fund-raising databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- Possess excellent verbal, written communication abilities and organizational skills.
- Skilled in communicating persuasively, both orally and in writing,with different external constituencies about fund-raising objectives and organizational mission.
- Ability to be flexible in working independently as well as collaboratively with team to achieve
2080 ASSOC DIR, ANNUAL GIVING DUKE MED DEV
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program.
Work generally requires five years of annual giving or a related field providing experience in fund raising strategies and activities. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.