Executive Director of Admissions
Executive Director of Admissions
Home Department: Admissions
Employment Type: Regular (Continuous)
Appointment: Staff (12-Month)
As Georgia’s public liberal arts university, Georgia College combines the educational experience expected at esteemed private liberal arts colleges with the affordability of public higher education. Its four colleges – arts and sciences, business, education and health sciences – provide 6,600 undergraduate and graduate students with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, with hands-on involvement with faculty research, community service, residential learning communities, study abroad and myriad internships.
Georgia College offers undergraduate programs of study to talented and motivated students in a residential college setting. Georgia College also provides, at multiple locations, graduate and professional studies that support the needs of the region and create pathways to individual success and personal fulfillment. Its academically engaging, student-centered programs often take learning beyond the traditional classroom and develop the intellectual, professional, and civic skills and dispositions that enable graduates to thrive in an information-intensive and diverse global society. Through its teaching, research, and service, Georgia College enriches the lives of students and their local and global communities
Located in Milledgeville, Georgia, the College is committed to providing an expansive undergraduate educational experience, excellence in graduate education, through challenging and innovative teaching. Giving students opportunities for community engagement and preparation for leadership, Georgia College seeks its next Executive Director of Admissions to bring future responsible leaders capable of affective positive social change in a pluralistic world.
As part of a dynamic enrollment management team, the Executive Director reports to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and supervises a diverse staff of fourteen. The Executive Director provides results-oriented leadership of the undergraduate admissions team and assisting in graduate recruitment efforts by serving on the Graduate Council to support the College’s mission and strategic enrollment goals.
Key Functions: Directing
Job duties performed for the above function:
- Successfully identifying, recruiting and enrolling a diverse and academically talented class of students in established and new markets, particularly outside the State of Georgia
- Building partnerships with College community to increase and enhance graduate admissions
- Leading integrated strategic enrollment planning, recruitment management and operational execution
- Assisting in the strategic enrollment goals for enriching the academic profile, diversity and student financial assistance
- Providing leadership, direction, research and planning in formulating recruitment strategies for target markets
- Connecting and building strong partnerships with the broader College community to promote a liberal arts education
- Instituting current best practices, including integrated marketing and branding, enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment systems
- Committing to fostering a global perspective
- Leading and managing staff in the execution of goals by creating a supportive and collaborative environment for success and professional development
- Promoting a commitment to customer service and dedication to student support and success
- Developing an evolving operations department to meet the challenging needs of students, faculty and staff
- Building a vision for Undergraduate Admissions
- Overall marketing outreach, recruitment, admissions and enrollment
- Master’s degree required.
- At least five year of experience in undergraduate higher education admissions or an equivalent field.