Manager of Assessment
Who We Are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
What We Offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
What You Will Do:
NLU’s Manager of Assessment will provide support for all facets of assessment within the university, helping to build institutional capacity around student-centered assessment practices and working to build a data system for student learning outcomes. He/she will support the coordination of assessment data to ensure alignment with and reporting for institutional expectations with respect to student learning.
• Consult with academic programs and administrative departments on student learning outcomes assessment, methodology, data analysis, and interpretation for their planning and taking action for continuous improvement.
• Provides project management for area and university assessment activity.
• Builds and maintains infrastructure to collate and report on assessment data in a systematic way to disseminate results for common learning outcomes, programmatic assessment, and Student Affairs assessment.
• Provides and collaborates with areas to offer faculty and staff professional development workshops, training, and resources on the topics of assessment, continuous improvement, analysis and reporting, plus taking action.
• Attends university and college committee meetings (e.g., curriculum, assessment) as liaison for Assessment and Accreditation.
• Represents and disseminates NLU research on assessment of student learning at national and regional conferences and professional meetings.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Well versed in current trends and best practices in academic and co-curricular assessment of student learning, including reporting and using evidence for continuous improvement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead discussions among faculty and staff as well the ability to lead discussions and make connections to the professional community.
• Effective and strong presentation skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills and planning abilities.
• Ability to think critically and creatively about new approaches to familiar problems; the ability to work within a team of divergent thinkers to accomplish new approaches to common practices.
• Proficient with qualitative and quantitative data analysis; ability to diagnose problems and draw conclusions from data.
• Experience with statistical packages, databases, and query tools/methods in working with large datasets (Access, SPSS, SAS, SQL, etc.).
• Master’s degree in relevant academic disciplines, higher education assessment, or higher education administration.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in assessment or participating in assessmentrelated service activities.