College of Applied Health Sciences: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Kinesiology and Commun...
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
College of Applied Health Sciences
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Tenure-Track Faculty Position, Rehabilitation Counseling
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (http://illinois.edu/) and the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health (http://kch.illinois.edu/) are searching for an outstanding candidate for a nine-month tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
• Evidence of research and scholarship in rehabilitation psychology, rehabilitation counseling, and rehabilitation counselor education, especially about transition in the population of veterans and their caregivers or youth and their caregivers
• Evidence in securing federal/state/foundation grants as a principal investigator to support graduate assistantships
• Evidence of excellence in teaching, mentoring, advising, and supervision of internship/practicum for undergraduate and graduate students
• Experience with an accreditation application process, specifically the accreditation from the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
• Experience with the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) Long-term Training Program applications
• Direct service or clinical experience in rehabilitation and/or counseling settings
• Experience in teaching and counseling populations with cultural diversity and disabilities
• Evidence of leadership at global, national, and university/department levels
Earned doctoral degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Rehabilitation Counselor Education, or Counselor Education, or in a closely related field if combined with a university position held for at least one year prior to July 1, 2017 in a Rehabilitation Counselor Education program, accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE), or in a Counselor Education program for at least one full year prior to July 1, 2013.
• Required: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) credential required or eligibility for CRC credential and willingness to apply for the CRC within one year of hire
• Optional: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
• Secure funds to support graduate students
• Conduct programs of research and scholarship
• Create and teach courses in undergraduate and graduate levels
• Advise, mentor, and supervise undergraduate and graduate students
• Lead the accreditation application effort
• Participate in services at the global, national, state, local, and university levels
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (https://illinois.edu/) is a leading public Research institution with an exceptional and diverse portfolio of research, and a long history of successful interdisciplinary endeavors. The University’s College of Applied Health Sciences (http://ahs.illinois.edu/) houses the Center on Health, Aging and Disability (CHAD; http://chad.illinois.edu/); the Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES; https://www.disability.illinois.edu/); and the Chez Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education (CHEZ; http://woundedvetcenter.ahs.illinois.edu/).
The College is actively engaged in collaborative research with Carle Foundation Hospital (https://www.carle.org/), and the University’s new engineering-based Carle Illinois College of Medicine (https://medicine.illinois.edu/) promises further opportunities. Home of the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana is a community that combines active urban living with easygoing affordability. It has been consistently ranked among the nations’ top cities for work-life balance. The Department of Kinesiology and Community Health (http://kch.illinois.edu/) hosts a diverse group of faculty, students, and staff. We are planning to redevelop an accredited program of a Rehabilitation Counseling Master’s program during the academic year of 2019-2020. We will recruit new students to be enrolled in Fall 2020. The Department of Kinesiology & Community Health and the College of Applied Health Sciences fully supports the new faculty member with time and resources to prepare for the accreditation application and student recruitment (e.g., through teaching-load reduction). The new faculty member will also be assisted by a full-time teaching assistant professor, who has teaching load reduction and accreditation application experience, to work together in the program accreditation process.
Compensation will be commensurate with the applicant's experience.
August 16, 2019
To apply, create a candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and select the position for which you are applying (Rehabilitation Counseling—Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Tenure Track); then upload all required documents, including:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Research statement (1 page)
• Teaching statement (1 page)
• Statement of experience in accreditation and leadership (1 page)
• A list of names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers for three references. Candidates will be informed before references are contacted.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your application by Monday, February 4, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately on February 5th. The application remains open until the position is filled.
For additional information, please contact Search Committee Chair, Dr. Chung-Yi Chiu at (217) 244-6435 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. College Name or Administrative Unit:Applied Health Sciences Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Applied Health Sciences: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Kinesiology and Community Health (108047) Open Date:12/13/2018 Organization Name:Kinesiology and Community Health