Multimedia Technician (Open & Continuous Testing) (98744)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Multimedia Technicians operate, maintain, and repair electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment used in instructional communications (including projectors, and audio/visual equipment). They are responsible for the multimedia library and for the proper functioning of the reproducing equipment owned or operated by the department. They select materials and fabricate exhibits, displays and/or sets; assist students through demonstration and observation to assure correct methods and techniques used. A Multimedia Technician typically:
- operates equipment and systems used in instructional communications
- performs routine maintenance and repairs of equipment and systems
- maintains a stock inventory of replacement parts and supplies needed for equipment and systems; recommends replacement and/or major repair of damaged or nonfunctioning equipment and systems
- prepares and checks out equipment, systems, and materials for presentations
- trains student assistants, faculty and staff in the operation of equipment and systems
- supervises the re-wiring, re-building, and modification of equipment
- supervises the planning and design of permanent audio-visual installations
- performs related duties as assigned
1. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year (12 months), from the categories below:
a) training in technical school for electronics, armed services electronics training school, factory electronics and/or mechanical service school
b) college courses relating to the operation and use of instructional communications equipment or a closely related field
c) work experience in the operation and maintenance of instructional communications equipment
2. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to Level II of this series
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
Multimedia Technician positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum stating salary is $16.17 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at http://jobs.illinois.edu/ and exam request form for Multimedia Technician. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from: [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Staff Human Resources Category:8-Technical Title:Multimedia Technician (Open & Continuous Testing) (98744) Open Date:06/26/2018 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations